Wednesday, April 14, 2010

“Ugly Baby God”!


When I’m an Art teacher, I’m going to assign a project like “Ugly Baby God”! We were to find the strangest subject and then put it in an even stranger environment. Georgia had this really scary ugly baby doll that was one of my first choices. When I took it to class so everyone could see it, the ugly baby was a hit. Early sketches had the doll in an “Attack of the 50 Foot Woman” thing, as an Aztec chief sacrificing another ugly baby to the gods, and finally an ugly baby in the “Thinker” pose, its own head in hand, contemplating its self. All good ideas, but I opted for making ugly baby a god standing on its own creation “created in its own image” looking into infinity. It was a fun project! I hope my students like it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment