Thursday, October 3, 2013

One Of My Favorite Anythings


Griffin James Street ~ Pin & Ink (2007)




My kids are what get me through the day most days. I'm so lucky to be their Dad. Griffin asked the other night which one of the kids was my favorite. He quickly folded up with, “It’s me, huh, Dad?!” I told him each of you guys were my favorite in different ways, and I can’t imagine not having all of you.

Griffin has always been my favorite for his ability to communicate his thoughts well. I would send him to his room when he was little and shut the door. He would be crying and talking to himself. I would listen to what he would say at these times, because he would say what’s on his mind. It would be my time to cool down, take it all in, and every time ~ I mean every time~  I would get something out of it. Plus it was so cute!I still say to this day that I want to be like him. I’m not there, but I have made some progress.

I tell you this, because the picture I’ve posted is one of my all-time favorites. I’ll put it up there above any of the Masters. Not because I’m all that, but this piece reminds me of working with him on his panel for “Brady Bunch on Acid”. It also reminds me of what a fantastic talent Heavenly Father has given him. I am blessed to have a kid that we have a bond like this.

So now I get to my point. I was with him the other night. We were getting a soda, and I lost it. I mean really lost it. I was in the gas station yelling at him ~ I said some terrible things including I never want to talk to you again! No son should ever here that from his Dad.

I was diagnosed with Bi-polar Disorder when he was little. I’ve remained on my meds all this time, seen counselors, and have been in and out of hospitals. It’s really hard on those around me. I tell you this because shear will alone doesn’t work. It's not like I can stop this from ever happening again. At best I can lessen the severity and frequency. It's just something we all have to live with. Griffin was more worried about my safety that night than being mad at me. Yet one more way I hope I can be like him.

Take a look at the link I’ve included this time. I think you’ll get a lot out of it.


Read 10 Key Facts About Bi-Polar


No comments:

Post a Comment