Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Can't Seem to Find the Words

I went to go add her words last night. Just so I could say I had this done
~ and the whole two years were a blur.


"You look like you're having a bad day Dave ~ are you having a bad day?"
"Do you need to pet me? Go on. I know how that makes you feel better!"




*Wooof* ~ *Wooof* ~ "Come back here, and I'll slap you like a cat!"

"I don't know what you've got there Dave ~ but it smells sooo gooood ~
No. I don't need to taste it. Just stick it down my throat!"

"Really Dude?! ~  I don't know why I put up with you Dave"






She was an early graduation gift that ended up riding shot gun on my trip to the end of the world and back. The year before and after my Dad died, Daisy was the comic relief I needed. Wherever she went she put a smile on every bodies face. No one knew it or appreciated it more than I did. We had an on going joke that she could talk, and no one could convince her she couldn't ;)

As I write this, I can't remember all the times I was in need of a laugh, and she had some smart ass thing to say. She meant well, and she really did have a great sense of humor. However it got to where when I told others the jokes, they started to think I was becoming unhinged.

Here was the bud of a project I came up with in Barstow in 2009. I started to write down the stuff, but for the life of me, I can't finish it. All of it had its time and place. I wish you all could have been there in my head when it was going on...

...'cause it was FUNNY!







1 comment:

  1. Duuude! I love it! Give Daisy a good petting from me, tell her I said hi and I miss her. And you too Dave.

    ReplyDelete