Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Things You Have To Do For Money



I was asked to do a picture for someone’s boyfriend. Interest was stirred at work from the “Life Drawing” piece. Great for me, but only so-so for my model; most people are having trouble looking her in the eyes now!

The girl that asked me to draw a dragon and some fairies is big and beautiful ~ bubbly and full of life. But there is something you need to know about me. My sister is the one in the family that loves fairies and stuff. Me? Not so much. I think there are far too many of them in this world, and I have no desire to bring anymore in it.

I only took the job because this girl is so cool.

As I sat down planing things out in my head; the dragon was more or less a Komodo dragon with angel wings. I know you’re thinking that’s six different kinds of wrong, but actually it’s me and my laws of...Dude, it’s an imagination ~ don't wast it. :)

...and the fairies are big and beautiful. If I am going to bring more of those pesky things into this world, lets give the laws of gravity and those pretty butterfly wings a run for their money 
~ ‘nuff said!

The real pay off was when I gave her the picture. She turned to her Mom and said with delight, “Mom the Fairies are Fluffy”.

…and that's why I really do what I do!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment