Friday, July 2, 2010

Self Portrait No. 9




It always, mostly, starts with a phone call. The voice on the other end will say, “Dave…I have an idea.” Today it happen so fast I don’t remember what the original idea was, and what was my creative process, so if I mix them up, please forgive me if I sound too clever. The voodoo doll is always the object of someones anger. Sometimes the person’s so mad; the pins go in quicker than bullets through a target at a shooting range. But what about the doll itself, does anyone stop to think about his feelings? I’m drawing this thing, and it starts taking on all of these emotional traits. It was funny and sad at the same time! I though of all my old acquaintances, girlfriends, and stuff…just nailing me to the wall…and finally the last one just sticking this big fat sewing needle through my heart…the next words I heard out of my mouth were, “…Please, will someone just finish me off and be done with me?!”

I laughed so hard…I LOVE ART.

No comments:

Post a Comment