Saturday, July 17, 2010

High Watermark









This marks my fiftieth post! I’m pleasantly surprised. I had a class at BSU that required me to blog regularly. It was very unnerving. I can speak in public without a moments notice; but ask me to put those same thoughts on paper, not only will it cause me to go into a complete tail spin, you will not see your paper for weeks. I’ve over come a great deal of that anxiety with this project, and accomplished creating a forum for my thoughts and art work. ~ So cool, here's to another fifty! Thanks for your support. I've posted a new blog header; among other things, Georgia's picture has got some bling!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on turning 50! Man, that was fast. Keep it up!

    Some thoughts on the new banner:
    1. Very cool job on the ART lettering. I like it!
    2. I also really like the 3D bevel on your name. But then, you know how much I like 3D these days!
    3. Mixed feelings about the frame on Georgia. A) For one thing, it's not at all the kind of frame you'd find on a watercolor. Looks a bit gaudy.
    B) I liked the red string much better, as it balanced nicely the red R (today's letter, brought to you by GeoRgia).
    C) Bring the reflection back! Again, it provides a nice depth that's lacking otherwise. Also, if you could make it horizontal, as if reflecting on a polished tabletop, that would be even better.
    D) Make her picture a bit bigger, as she looks kind of lost inside that big frame.

    Just some ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks very good, congrats on your 50th post. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete