Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Self Portrait 6 & 7 [D~evil & D~vine]




Mental Health ~
Who can say too much about it? I know I can’t.  It was suggested by someone in the "feeding and caring for dept. of the mentally ill"  to use my mind’s version of reality on a new art project. Always agreeable to such things I said “Sure."

Who hasn’t seen the angels and devils pop up on the shoulders of cartoon characters? [Kronk was the first example I thought of!] But  I never thought to actually draw any ~ until now!


I found the devil part quicker to imagine and easier to conceptualize. Why? No it's not because I am a devil~ Don’t jump to conclusions ~It was so easy, because Pride [arrogance], Envy, and Rage, are my biggest adversaries. I've  been dealt some harsh opposition  from those guys for a very, very long time.

The blow fish thingy was fun. Red shoes, glasses, and goatee had to show; It is me after all! The green with envy umbrella shirt was the last to show. Fun!


Now the lil’ cherub, “The good part of me”, took longer to get the perspective needed for a worthy portrait. Well, and for those that know me, to see that clearly is part of my problem isn’t it? The Divine in all of us is always getting portrayed as the weak and fragile part of our psyche. In these animated fights between good and evil the Divine always seems to get its ass kicked!

It doesn’t help me much to see this part of me as a cute, butterball, and NAKED? ~ baby angel. I mean really? Would it kill anyone out there to give me a bad ass warrior angel? [laughs] No but seriously, what's that about? Ah! of course; this is still art as therapy, and this is where we work this crap out!

I like this assignment. That’s what you get to take with you ~ what are your devils and angels, and what do they look like? Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment