Thursday, February 3, 2011

Self Portrait. No.5


Illustration 461
Self Portrait & Bio
February 2, 2011
I have many self portraits lying around the house. One on this blog right now as a matter of fact. I could have used any of them.
But I wanted to create something new.
The portrait is pen and ink and watercolor, my favorite, nothing new there. The step forward is putting the illustration and the bio together as if they were one piece. The image, a mild-mannered man, with rose colored glasses, peaking around this mass of strange words, both looking as if they were put there willy-nilly.
The individual words on their own mean one thing, when teamed together create a new word, teaming with possibilities. The words come together mostly for fun, and not as some deep look into the artist being.
The inspiration was borrowed from something my teacher said in illustration class, a thought from John Lennon, and the chorus from an old Rush song.

No comments:

Post a Comment