Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Child's Play




Almost a year ago now, a friend of mine Beth, came to me with this children’s book based on some experiences she had when she was a kid. To hear her tell the story, I thought “How can I not do this?” The plans were set, ideas where talked about, ever some would be layouts were sketched out, unfortunately, just as John Lennon said “Life is what happens when we are busy making other plans”. I moved to Boise to be with the kids, and Beth’s emails started became further and further apart. With this blog, if you don’t mind, I am going to work on the children’s book at the same time giving Beth an opportunity to see here vision develop. I have also, as part of one of my last classes before I graduate, incorporated these drawings into some assignments for credit. Pretty cool hu?!

The process is the same. “Hand to pen, pen to ink, water color to paper, and all of in to the computer”

What you see is the first panel; Inks of pages 1 & 2. Then with the second panel; I’ve added the watercolor. She has seen this and asked for changes. Now you see the third panel. Next step is for her to look it over and get back to me. Art is Fun!

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing what a few small changes does to the whole composition. I really like it. How do you feel about it?

    ReplyDelete