Friday, March 4, 2011

"A Boy is A Stick is A Dog"









...Or in my case "a gallery piece, is a newspaper cover, is a class assignment" It's all the same. The Gallery thing didn't work, but the pieces I'll turning in anyway as part of maybe getting one of these thing on the cover of the Boise Weekly.

So anyway, here they come. They take forever to paint, but they're so much fun!

Tonight "Lust" ~one as part of the series, and ~one designed for the Boise Weekly assignment.

We'll talk more later. I've been at this all day, and I need to get to bed.

d.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I really like this one. All in all it's very well done. Composition is good, content is good, and the color washes are excellent. I love the lettering, particularly how it's broken up. And I love the peeps pic. Nice touch. You should make a "hot chicks" joke too.

    Two things about the colors, though. First, the central figure is a bit washed out by the surroundings. I like the mask color, but the body needs to be much darker to make it stand out, maybe even almost black, which would bring out the "darker" nature of the character.

    Second, the flat dropped in colors on the speaker and counter don't work at all with the rest of the colors being washes. And you have the glass color darker than the counter, which should be opposite. Maybe use the glass color for the counter and try a really light gray wash for the glass. Other than that your color balance is really good.

    ReplyDelete