Friday, May 3, 2013

Top Five - List No.6 ~ Loves of My Life

My older boys are getting to the point in their lives were they're getting girlfriends. Only one has got his heart broken so far, the others have pretty much stuck to shallow waters. It's really alright. For guys it's normal to play it safe. I try to tell them it's Ok too to put yourself out there. It's out in those deep waters were you have the best experiences.

I whole heartedly believe in...
"It is better to have loved and lost, than to never to have loved at all"

Sometimes you've just got to go out there and get your heart busted...

With Becky, I was way out of my league.
When I finally mustered up the courage to talk to her; we hung out a lot before we went on our missions, we wrote the whole time, and when she got home from her mission we dated more seriously. I was a great dancer, but not good enough.

Vicky took my breath away the moment I saw her.
She was with some geek at a dance. I couldn't take my eyes off her...I'm sure that pissed him off. We didn't speak. The second time I saw her she was in her mother's living room. Time stopped...but we still didn't talk...but the third time! We were sitting in her Mom's car, and we talked! For hours! We talked about everything: God, the universe, and spaghetti! It was wonderful. That was it. Sometimes life just hands you a moment!

Coming out of a divorce, my parents dieing, loosing my house, unemployment and bouts of deep depression, I was "tore up from the floor up". It had been years since I dated. I hadn't a clue what to do anymore. Enters Terri!
I could have met her anywhere: when we were kids, or going to the same high school or as adults, it wouldn't have matter, I couldn't have helped falling in love with her. That's just how it was!
...and can we talk about "Crash and Burn?" Epic!

Your first love is nothing like any other. Flames burn brighter, ice cream is colder. At 50 I can hear our song and I'm flooded with Tammy memories. Sorry for her and for me, I learned more about what not to do than anything else, but when we see each other these days, she gives me a big hug, we talk and we quietly remember way back when.

Which brings us to number one.

As good as any of the others on this list were, they don't reach the depths of my heart as Jennifer did. Thank you for 7 beautiful children. I am blessed for knowing her, and being apart of her life for as long as I was.

Before I go, I'd like to give a shout out to Elena who didn't make the list, but is still note worth. She is the sister of my soul, a fellow artist, and full time inspiration!

Let your life power your art. The good the bad, the happy and sad. Don't hide from any of it. You'll be glad you did.

No.5 Becky ~ "Out of my league"
No.4 Vicky ~ "Love at first sight"
No.3 Terri ~ "The muse"
No.2 Tammy ~ "First love"
No.1 Jennifer ~"Handed my ass to me on a plate!"

No comments:

Post a Comment