Friday, April 26, 2013

Part I: A Broken Heart Makes For Good Art



Someone I know came back from a concert where the band, which was known for their dark and moody music, was noticeably playing happier songs. The singer, who was also the lyricist, was in a happy relationship when he wrote the new album she commented...

...and then she said “a good life made for bad art.” I think she may be on to something.

We’ve talked to death art as therapy last year, so I’ll try not to repeat myself tonight, but that person is right in that case. A shift in your mental health or mood the wrong way may force you to look for a new career! 

As for me: I got good ideas that keep coming, I got the new job, I've got the kids to keep me going, and I'm not dating :) I'm good. Moreover, I'm such a moody bastard, I can't seem to stay in one place for very long anyway, so I think I'm Ok. 

This is the rough draft for my next piece. It seems to be fueled by a little Doors, a little Bob Marley and a pinch of John Lennon ~ I'm cool with that ~ 

"We all shine on..."

...check back here for updates. ~ Cheers!



Rough ides stage of  "Self Portrait No. 14"

No comments:

Post a Comment