Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tails of a Reluctant Mermaid







...So I had this great idea, the piece turned out wonderfully, but the girl that inspired the project thought it was too romantic of a notion for our relationship and it blew up in my face.

...but I was just being an artist.

We work together and talk and stuff, so I had lots of opportunity to talk to her face to face and look into her eyes. She's a classic beauty with striking blue eyes.

The image just came to me one night, just like you see above here. When I told her about it, and then showed it to her, she didn't say anything!

...I knew I was in trouble.

What's cool about this project is I could have sat her down in a room with nine more artist, and all ten of us would walk out of there with a piece quite different from each other ~ each with It's own voice.
Well, she eventually thanked me for it and told me she liked it.  In a days or two afterwards I got the "We're just friends" talk, and then she stopped talking to me altogether. Oh well.

In the end, I got a really cool piece even if I did piss off my muse.


No comments:

Post a Comment