Tuesday, August 9, 2011

On The Road To Graceland!




Last semester one of the teachers I respect said my pieces were starting to look “too cleaned up”. I listened to what he was saying. About that time I was put on some new meds for my trimmers. I was concern that was going to affect my art work too. And then I got the watercolor pencils.
It was a good time for change.
This piece was all hand rendered, not put together like some of my other stuff. The watercolors worked well for direct application. Pen and ink was good, still some shakiness. I’m happy with the piece so far. The whole point of this is to have a free standing piece that doesn’t have any text on it. It will have text on it soon because it’s supposed to be a poster for The Knitting Factory Concert House. I can do that stuff by hand and marry it all together in Photoshop in its do time.
Stay tuned.
First picture is the first draft, Second picture is pretty much the free standing piece . Next comes all the music stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment